Friday, April 13, 2012

25 Weeks!

I am 25 weeks today!! :) 105 DAYS LEFT. Holyyyyyyy crap. I'm getting so anxious and excited and impatient!

Life has been good lately. Just lots of working! I love my job, and the people I work with. We're starting to get busier and busier, and it's definitely exciting! Overwhelming at times, but I love it! J starts his new job on the 8th of May, and he found out what "team" he's on today, and if he calculated his schedule correctly he should be off on my birthday, and for the baby's due date weekend! Here's to hoping...

No pictures in this post...my last blog was of my "progressive bump". Super cool to look at! I remember when I was 10-11 weeks pregnant and I thought my belly looked soooo big :P That was NOTHING compared to now!! Everyone keeps asking me if there's more than one baby in there, and while that would be super exciting (!!!), I would hope the doctors would have noticed by now! I've had 3 ultrasounds, and there's never been a "hiding baby" (or two) :P

We move in a week and a half!!! Cannot WAIT to get my hands on this nursery!! :) :) I wish we had more things to put in his room, but I'm sure once we have the space for it, we'll get more of the things we need. We have zero idea IF we're having showers thrown for us, or when they'll be, so we're planning on getting most things ourselves. I'm too impatient to wait TOO long!!


How big is baby?: The size of a rutabaga (whatever that is)! About 13.5 inches (head to toe), and 1.5 lbs :) It's hard to think that something that large is in my belly!
Stretch marks?: you shut your mouth
Maternity clothes?: Oh yes.
Sleep: Still pretty decent. I haven't had to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom lately. I do wake up between 7-8 every day though!
Best moment this week: Still the kicks :) My favorite are the ones early in the morning after I wake up. I feel like Elijah is saying "Good Morning mommy!" I started feeling his kicks on the outside this past week, and the little nudges are SO adorable!! J still hasn't felt them, though. He isn't patient or gentle enough...haha. He often shakes or hits my belly (lovingly, of course) and yells "WAKE UP BABY!!!!!" :P He's gonna be such a good daddy :) OH--and we bought a new car a couple weeks ago. We traded in my old Focus (that I had been making J drive), to get a baby-safe car that's MUCH nicer and man-lier. :P
Movement: all day, every day :) it doesn't wake me up at night, though, which I'm okay with! Maybe he's sleeping through the night already?? haha. Wishful thinking!
Food cravings: Do chocolate milkshakes still count???
Gender: still my little man!
Labor Signs: No thank you. But J did inform me today that at 27 weeks I might start feeling Braxton Hicks. Can't say I want those, but it was adorable that he even read about them!
Belly Button in or out?: Getting shallower and shallower! I giggle every morning when I feel my bellybutton and see how different it is every day :P
What I miss: Roller coasters :(( Every summer my little brothers and I always talk about roller coasters and what we want to ride that year...not me :( I want to see if there's a way I can go to Busch Gardens or something after August...not sure what the recovery time is for getting back on a coaster, though!
What I am looking forward to: Moving! I mean, I won't be doing any of the actual moving (haha), but I'm looking forward to being a Chesapeake resident!! All I can think about is how much gas we're going to be saving by living near everything we usually go to. My job will be the same distance away, and once J starts his new job, it'll be 5 mins closer than his current job is from our current house. His new job is right by my job, too! Buttttt his shifts are like 6am-6pm, so there will be no carpooling. Haha!

1 comment:

  1. Best wishes with your move. Can't wait to see the nursery!

    ReplyDelete