Friday, May 25, 2012

31 Weeks ♥

I am 31 Weeks today! It feels like such a milestone. Only 9 weeks left! That's single digits!! Had a great doctor's visit this week. I'm measuring 32-33 weeks, and I've only gained 8 pounds the entire pregnancy!!!!!!! I feel like I've gained 100 pounds. J swears the baby is already 8 pounds, because he can't imagine what else would weigh anything...haha. I would DIE if baby was already 8 pounds. Noooooo thank you. Although it's not like I have a choice. :P

We finished up our baby classes this week! We had one on nursing on Monday night, and our second one on Newborn Care Thursday night. We got very informed, and I feel a little more ready for Elijah to get here. Now we just need the physical stuff for him!

Speaking of--my shower was last Saturday! It was great seeing my sister, mom, a good friend, and J's family and friends :) We got lots of goodies (we're all set on newborn onesies!) and it was fun spending the afternoon/evening with such wonderful people :) Later this week, my brother and his girlfriend brought over a bunch of presents for us...we got 3 huge boxes of newborn diapers!! SO excited about those, because that was the one thing we had nothing of and I knew we'd need a bunch before E's arrival!
Here's a picture from the shower. Me and J next to the cake my mom made :)

And the belly picture for the week!
I have been sooooo uncomfortable all week. My belly is constantly hard when I stand up. It's uncomfortable to move, and uncomfortable just to stand there. Not having the best pregnancy week, and I'm sure it's going to get worse...joy. With the tightness, though, comes LOTS of movement! Elijah has been kicking up a STORM, and in every direction possible. It makes me smile. :) Even though it hurts sometimes...


How big is baby?: The size of a pineapple! Yum! or 16-17 inches and 3-4 lbs. He's getting SO big!!! i'm not sure how he's fitting all up in there..
Stretch marks?: nothing new.
Maternity clothes?: Oh yes. I wear the same outfits on a weekly basis. I tried to pair a wide belt with a tshirt today, and it looked super cute, but I thought I was going to suffocate!
Sleep: Sleep has been strange this week...one day I'll wake up when J does (around 4:30!) and not be able to go back to sleep, and the next day I'll sleep til 10 or 11. Not a fan of the early days. Today was one of them. But luckily, since J has to wake up at that time every day, he was ready to go to bed right after dinner! He's currently sleeping, and I'm sure I'll be joining him soon :)
Best moment this week: Not sure if there's a "best"...I've worked mostly days this week, and this has been the week where J works 5 days (next week he only works 2!), so we've been able to spend most of our nights together :) AND Sonic has 1/2 price milkshakes after 8pm! So that always makes me happy :P
Movement: Frequent and STRONG. I'm glad he's getting muscles in there, just wish it didn't make me double over some times!
Food cravings: Back on my milkshakes kick :)
Gender: still my little man!
Labor Signs: Not yet! Hoping to keep him in at least another 6 weeks..
Belly Button in or out?: still in, but barely! i hope it pops soon..
What I miss: Not having such a hard time moving!! The EASIEST things have become hard for me :(
What I am looking forward to: No doctor appt until my bday because my doctor is out of town the next time I'm due for one. Maybe she'll give me an ultrasound as a bday present??? :D 26 sounds so olllllllllllld.

Can you believe it's practically June??? Just over 2 months til Elijah's due date, and come June I can say "I'm having a baby next month" HOLY. COW.

1 comment:

  1. You make me laugh. Twenty-six is definitely not OLD. :)

    ReplyDelete