I get stressed out a lot when I think about what's to come. I am such a planner, so it's hard for me to be just "going with the flow" right now; having no idea when Elijah wants to come out and meet me and his daddy. We still aren't ready. We do have his PnP now, where he will sleep at in our room, and, thanks to J's mom and a couple of her friends, we have a car seat! But I walk around daily with lists of things I need to get done before he arrives. I haven't packed a bag for the hospital. The house needs to get cleaned up. I need to finish his nursery. None of these things really matter in the end, but it would sure help with my anxiety if I could get the push I need to finally get things done. In 2 weeks, I'll be 9 months pregnant. In 3 weeks, Elijah will be considered full-term. THREE WEEKS. We still need the infant car seat for my car, the stroller, a monitor, and a few other things, but none of those are super-necessities at this point.
Had a doctor's appt Tuesday (my birfday). Everything was boring business as usual. I actually wrote down my questions (well, I put them in my phone...who writes things down nowadays??), so it was good to finally get answers to things I usually forget about once I'm in there. Good news--she said I should be able to ride roller coasters 6 weeks after delivery! (Yes, that was a question I asked.) She also said there's no need for a birth plan, because things don't usually go that way. Which I'm very okay with! As long as E comes out, and is healthy, and I get drugs, I don't care. I was measuring a week and a half ahead, which is typical and really makes me want to think that he'll be here sooner rather than later (not TOO soon...just a week or two). She also felt around and could tell that he is head down already! She pointed out where his body is laying inside of me, so now I know what I'm touching when he starts poking things out :) His butt is on my left side of my stomach, and he sure loves to poke that thing out! Like, almost all the time. It still makes me giggle. Hopefully his butt doesn't come out as big as his mama's! The little things I feel sticking out on the right side of my stomach are his knees and feet. :) So cool! He has also been hiccuping a lot more frequently, which is just adorable. As scared as I am to meet him, he is going to be one super cute baby. Just look at us! :) Oh, and I've only gained 10 lbs so far. I'm very okay with that.
34 Week Picture
I am wanting to put less and less effort into my appearance lately. If I felt professional wearing a ponytail every day, I totally would. My hair is at that "in-between" stage. I want it long, but it's not quite long yet and is getting on my nerves. J won't let me cut it because he knows I want it long, and doesn't want to have to listen to me whine about it. Smart man. :)
How big is baby?: As big as a butternut squash. Or 17-19 inches and 4-6 lbs. He's getting SO big!!! I'm feeling it.
Stretch marks?: They are ridiculous. I should win an award.
Maternity clothes?: Of course.
Sleep: Sleep still SUCKS. I have a super hard time falling asleep, and can't ever sleep in. Hence why I am writing this at 8am on my day off.
Best moment this week: Last night was pretty awesome. My parents had us down for my birthday dinner, and they grilled steaks and squash and potatoes, and my mom made the yummiest chocolate cupcakes with vanilla cream filling! I love hanging out with my family. My brothers are starting high school in August (tear...), and I absolutely love being around them. They're such cool little people, and have the weirdest sense of humor! And they think I'm awesome, which always helps the situation. :) It's easy when you've been around since they were born and have been able to brain wash them! Still to this day, if I say anything close to "I'm so fat", they quickly shoot back that I am not, and that I am the skinniest person ever. Haha! Well, now it's more "You're the skinniest pregnant person ever"...but still.
Movement: It's been off and on lately. He's definitely running out of room. His movements aren't as quick anymore, but they're definitely strong. I always poke him back, and push his limbs/butt back in, and I wonder if he's going to come out all bruised because of this...hmmmm.
Food cravings: Honeynut Cheerios with milk. Super weird, since I hardly ever eat cereal, and usually when I do it's usually only dry and never with milk. I've had it every day for breakfast this week! I also ate an entire bag of Doritos in 2 sittings. I don't think I've eaten those since I was little! Not sure what it was about them, but I had bought them for J and could.not.stop eating them!
Gender: Still my little man! Guests at work ask me all the time what i'm having. Sometimes they guess before asking, and when they guess girl, and I tell them boy, they tell me that I'm wrong, and I'm definitely having a girl. Okayyy, silly old lady.
Labor Signs: Nothing yet. My stomach gets tight pretty much any time I'm standing up, but everything else is super normal.
Belly Button in or out?: SO. Close. To. Popping!
What I miss: Not having heartburn and back pains. And being able to do my job 100%. My boss told me this week that I'm just a "body" to him, and he doesn't expect me to be like I used to, so to stop trying to overdo it. But that's just who I am! I've been taking it easier, but still feel responsible for what's going on on my cruises, so it's hard to find a balance. I still run around to get stuff done at work, but now I'm breathing harder and people are usually making fun of me for being so winded all the time. Jerks. :P
What I am looking forward to: Today!!! J and I are both off today and tomorrow. :) Today we're going to pick up a glider for the nursery (the same people who we bought the PnP from are selling us their super cute glider for cheap!). Then we're going to take a mini-trip to Williamsburg and visit the Outlets and hopefully find some comfy shoes for me to work in for the next 6 weeks. My feet and hands have started swelling this week, so all of my shoes, except flip flops, are uncomfortable. And they won't let me work in flip flops. Boooooo. OH, annnnd we get to go to Zaxby's for lunch or dinner!!!!! That's probably my favorite thing about Williamsburg :)). One of these days we wanna open one here. Then tomorrow is J's brother's graduation party, so we get to spend the day at his parent's :) And it's not supposed to be too hot tomorrow, so hopefully I can "hang" without super-swelling or being super uncomfortable!
No comments:
Post a Comment