Thursday, December 22, 2011

We saw our Eaglet!

Yesterday was our first ultrasound appointment!
An hour before the appt, I had to empty my bladder, and drink 24oz of water. Not a big deal. I love water. But then I wasn't allowed to "empty my bladder" until after the u/s! The wait in the waiting room felt like it was taking FOR.EV.ER. I had to pee so bad! And then we went into the u/s room. I thought, for some reason, I would have to have a "transvaginal" one (use your imagination. not pretty) because I thought I wasn't far along enough for a regular over-the-tummy one. But, luckily, I was! They put this nice warm gel on my stomach and pelvis area, and then she used that magic wand to see what's inside of me. At first she said I couldn't see it because she just had to get lots of pictures (for my files I guess). J was looking at it all confused...haha. We didn't really know what we were supposed to be looking at! Then she turned the screen around so we could see baby. It was so cute!! She was pushing on my bladder SO hard, though. And on the top of my pubic bone (i think it was that one). It was pretty painful. But I know it was just because baby is still so low in my belly. I think in like 4 weeks is when baby starts moving up! Here are our pictures :)


I know, she's such a cutie!!! haha :) Not sure when our next u/s will be, but by then she should look like more of a baby and less of a bean! You can definitely tell where her head and shoulders are attached, though :) 
The u/s tech also said that baby measured at 9 weeks! Woohoo! :) So our due date moved to July 25th (it was the 28th). The sooner she comes out, the better!!!
We LOVED seeing that something was actually in there!! You can pee on all the sticks in the world, but until you actually SEE the person growing inside you, it doesn't seem as real!

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!! The husband and I are very much looking forward to having Christmas day and the day after off together. We haven't had a day off together in a month or so! Our first Christmas married is going to be a hectic one. We plan on spending the morning with my family, and then head to his family's Christmas gathering after. He has a TON of family in the area, but we don't get to see them often. So it should be fun! :) All I can think about this year, though, is how this time next year we will have a newborn to play with for Christmas!!! 




*I refer to baby as "she", because I don't like calling my baby an it. and I would prefer a baby girl. a boy wouldn't be bad, either, though, because that's the only name we can agree on!

No comments:

Post a Comment