This week was my first official week of being on Salary. And man, it was an amazing one! Monday, my boss took us out for lunch. Then, two hours later, took us out for dinner! Of course I wasn't hungry, but since we were at a Mexican place, I couldn't help but indulge in some freshly made guacamole :) Makes me hungry just thinking about it! Tuesday was, of course, Valentine's Day. As long as I can remember, I've had to work on this holiday, so it's never been a huge deal to me. Luckily, J had to work, too, so it didn't phase either of us. Our V-day cruise is one of the most important of the whole year, and doing the paperwork and the seating chart for that was NOT an easy feat. It took me almost three hours (a usual cruise I can get done in an hour or less), but I got it all completed, and perfectly! I was SO proud of myself by the end of the night that I hadn't overlooked a single detail, and every guest I talked to seemed to really enjoy themselves. It helped that the boat wasn't sold out completely, like in years past, but considering it was my first time doing a cruise of that magnitude and significance, I did actually pat myself on the back for being so good at my job (I get that from my mother....no lie).
Then Wednesday was THE DAY. My boss scheduled me for an office day, and said I could leave at 3 to make it to my appointment on time. Around 11am, he told us we could leave at noon. SCORE! J took me to work because he had to take his written test for the Sheriff's Dept downtown, and was still in the area, so he took me home and we spent the rest of the day together. I considered this our "Valentine's Day Date". We went to Pizza Hut for their lunch buffet (soooo romantic, I know :P), then went to Babies R Us (BRU) to start our registry. There wasn't much we could put on there without knowing the sex of the baby yet, but we wanted to get all the paperwork filled out, so when we went back after our appointment it wouldn't take very long. I drank half a can of Mt. Dew before our appointment, and it did just the trick!
We went to Prenatal Miracles in VB, and it was such an awesome experience! The u/s tech was incredibly nice, and just had a wonderful vibe about her. No sooner than I laid on that bed and she put the "wand" on my abdomen did she proclaim "It's a Boy!" J and I were both in shock that it happened so quickly! I have heard horror stories about babies not cooperating and having a hard time telling what "parts" the baby had. But our little one was not shy at all! The tech kept switching from 2D to 3D, and it was SO neat to be able to see his adorable little face :) He was wiggling the entire time, and loves to play with his hands. We even got to see him opening his mouth, and smiling!!! It's like he knew we were watching him, and was happy :)
This is one of my favorites; look at that face!! The tech said he doesn't have much fat on him right now, but that it'll be coming soon!
This is a pic from our 8 week u/s:
And now look how big he is (16w5d)!!!
I kept asking the tech if he had enough room in there...it doesn't look like there's much room to grow! But the uterus grows with the baby, and I've been feeling a lot of stretching lately, so I'm sure it's just Elijah making himself a bigger home for the next 5 months :)
After our u/s appt, we went to the hospital I'll be delivering in and took a tour of the Center for Birth, as they call it. I thought I would be the least pregnant one there, but there was one girl whose belly was smaller than mine. Yay! haha. It was super informative, and really neat to see where everything would be happening :) The tour guide told us one of the most important things we need to remember to bring is pillows! Apparently they only give you one pillow, and it's super thin. How am I gonna remember that?! She also told us the only things they'll feed us while in labor are ice chips and popsicles. Oh, joy. Let's hope labor starts right after I finish a big meal, and Elijah comes out before I need to eat again! If you know me, you know I love me some food. After our "tour", we went back to BRU and finished scanning things. J wouldn't let me even TOUCH the scanner (it was the same with our bridal registry), because he was scared I would get "scan happy". Doesn't he know I always go online after and add anything I want??? haha. J picked a theme for the baby's room, and I can't wait for us to move (not til May :( boo) so I can start putting the nursery together! We are going with a Sports theme. To us, Elijah Eagle just SOUNDS like a sports superstar's name. And then to top off our fun, "romantic" V-day day, I got Boston Market, and we picked up J some McD's, and we ate while watching The Voice :) Aren't we the most fun couple EVER?
How big is baby?: The size of an onion. Or a "small stud finder", as one website put it.
Stretch marks?: still stretching and marking away :-/
Maternity clothes?: Can't wear any pants BUT maternity pants. I plan on going shopping today for some more work clothes; let's hope I can find some cute ones! I am still wearing a lot of non-maternity tops, and very much enjoying that.
Sleep: Sucks lately. I had this problem Pre-pregnancy where my toes won't stop cracking/feeling like they need to crack, and it makes it very difficult to fall asleep! I have laid off on the Tylenol PM this week, and I'm very proud of myself for that! But lately I've been waking up around 6am, and falling back asleep after 30 mins for another 30-60 mins. No fun! This morning I woke up at 2am, then 6am, then 8am. YUCK. I <3 sleeping. and am not a fan of this. I know I "gotta get used to it", but I'll get used to it when Elijah comes out!!
Best moment this week: Of course, seeing Elijah and finding out it was a "him"! The only irritating thing about KNOWING the gender, is all the "I told you so"s that come with it. There's a 50/50 chance of baby being a boy or a girl, SOMEONE is gonna be right! I could do without those.
Movement: Still nothing. The u/s tech said it usually starts around 17-18 weeks, and I keep trying to lie still and see if I'm feeling anything. I know it'll come, though. He is definitely a mover! ..did have one person say something annoying this week along the lines of "No, you SHOULD be feeling something by now. You definitely should!!!" almost shouting at me. Seriously??? Are you trying to say something's wrong with my baby?! everyone is different. now back off. end rant.
Food cravings: still nothing weird. did eat almost a whole jar of pickles before dinner yesterday. Then we went out to Ruby Tuesday and after the appetizer I was vomiting it all back up. Not sure if it was related to the pickles, or the appetizer, but luckily I was still able to finish my dinner!
Gender: Allllll boy! No doubt about it :) Elijah Lee
Labor Signs: No thank you.
Belly Button in or out?: In and looking normal. As normal as an off-center belly button can be :(
What I miss: I don't miss Jimmy John's anymore after hearing about a listeria outbreak in their alfafa sprouts! Scary stuff. I miss sleeping normally. And cold lunchmeat sandwiches. And having a bigger wardrobe.
What I am looking forward to: Hmmm....I feel like once you know what the baby is, there isn't much more to look forward to! I have gotten SO anxious about Elijah getting here already, especially since I can picture him now :) I know he needs to keep baking for 20 more weeks, I'm just not a patient person! I am definitely looking forward to my belly rounding out, though. And people being able to notice that I'm pregnant. I don't have a problem with people touching my belly (yet...haha) because I'm just so happy he's in there and growing strong! And, of course, being able to feel him moving. And I can't WAIT for J to be able to feel him move! Ahhh I love our little family. :) :)
This is a pic from our 8 week u/s:
And now look how big he is (16w5d)!!!
I kept asking the tech if he had enough room in there...it doesn't look like there's much room to grow! But the uterus grows with the baby, and I've been feeling a lot of stretching lately, so I'm sure it's just Elijah making himself a bigger home for the next 5 months :)
After our u/s appt, we went to the hospital I'll be delivering in and took a tour of the Center for Birth, as they call it. I thought I would be the least pregnant one there, but there was one girl whose belly was smaller than mine. Yay! haha. It was super informative, and really neat to see where everything would be happening :) The tour guide told us one of the most important things we need to remember to bring is pillows! Apparently they only give you one pillow, and it's super thin. How am I gonna remember that?! She also told us the only things they'll feed us while in labor are ice chips and popsicles. Oh, joy. Let's hope labor starts right after I finish a big meal, and Elijah comes out before I need to eat again! If you know me, you know I love me some food. After our "tour", we went back to BRU and finished scanning things. J wouldn't let me even TOUCH the scanner (it was the same with our bridal registry), because he was scared I would get "scan happy". Doesn't he know I always go online after and add anything I want??? haha. J picked a theme for the baby's room, and I can't wait for us to move (not til May :( boo) so I can start putting the nursery together! We are going with a Sports theme. To us, Elijah Eagle just SOUNDS like a sports superstar's name. And then to top off our fun, "romantic" V-day day, I got Boston Market, and we picked up J some McD's, and we ate while watching The Voice :) Aren't we the most fun couple EVER?
How big is baby?: The size of an onion. Or a "small stud finder", as one website put it.
Stretch marks?: still stretching and marking away :-/
Maternity clothes?: Can't wear any pants BUT maternity pants. I plan on going shopping today for some more work clothes; let's hope I can find some cute ones! I am still wearing a lot of non-maternity tops, and very much enjoying that.
Sleep: Sucks lately. I had this problem Pre-pregnancy where my toes won't stop cracking/feeling like they need to crack, and it makes it very difficult to fall asleep! I have laid off on the Tylenol PM this week, and I'm very proud of myself for that! But lately I've been waking up around 6am, and falling back asleep after 30 mins for another 30-60 mins. No fun! This morning I woke up at 2am, then 6am, then 8am. YUCK. I <3 sleeping. and am not a fan of this. I know I "gotta get used to it", but I'll get used to it when Elijah comes out!!
Best moment this week: Of course, seeing Elijah and finding out it was a "him"! The only irritating thing about KNOWING the gender, is all the "I told you so"s that come with it. There's a 50/50 chance of baby being a boy or a girl, SOMEONE is gonna be right! I could do without those.
Movement: Still nothing. The u/s tech said it usually starts around 17-18 weeks, and I keep trying to lie still and see if I'm feeling anything. I know it'll come, though. He is definitely a mover! ..did have one person say something annoying this week along the lines of "No, you SHOULD be feeling something by now. You definitely should!!!" almost shouting at me. Seriously??? Are you trying to say something's wrong with my baby?! everyone is different. now back off. end rant.
Food cravings: still nothing weird. did eat almost a whole jar of pickles before dinner yesterday. Then we went out to Ruby Tuesday and after the appetizer I was vomiting it all back up. Not sure if it was related to the pickles, or the appetizer, but luckily I was still able to finish my dinner!
Gender: Allllll boy! No doubt about it :) Elijah Lee
Labor Signs: No thank you.
Belly Button in or out?: In and looking normal. As normal as an off-center belly button can be :(
What I miss: I don't miss Jimmy John's anymore after hearing about a listeria outbreak in their alfafa sprouts! Scary stuff. I miss sleeping normally. And cold lunchmeat sandwiches. And having a bigger wardrobe.
What I am looking forward to: Hmmm....I feel like once you know what the baby is, there isn't much more to look forward to! I have gotten SO anxious about Elijah getting here already, especially since I can picture him now :) I know he needs to keep baking for 20 more weeks, I'm just not a patient person! I am definitely looking forward to my belly rounding out, though. And people being able to notice that I'm pregnant. I don't have a problem with people touching my belly (yet...haha) because I'm just so happy he's in there and growing strong! And, of course, being able to feel him moving. And I can't WAIT for J to be able to feel him move! Ahhh I love our little family. :) :)



No comments:
Post a Comment