Today has been super busy and productive. J got up early to work out (he took a test to get in the Police Dept last week and missed it by 6 stinking seconds. they're letting him retake it on the 27th of March, so he's gonna make sure he doesn't miss it this time!) and when he got back from his run, I was ready to wake up. Every Friday is payday for us, and we had bills to pay, and extra money to spend! J has been wanting a new tv and sound bar for the last few months, so I let him buy his sound bar today. The boy was so happy! :) His tv will come when our taxes do, which will hopefully be soon. We also bought our crib! This is the stock photo, obviously it won't have all that girly stuff on it:
It's our first big baby purchase! Then J had to go to work, and I had my monthly checkup. Baby is still doing great! I love hearing his heartbeat :) My doctor was busy, so I met one of the other doctor's. Any one of them could be delivering my baby, so I didn't mind, and he was nice. I just didn't feel like asking him all my questions because he's not a lady and doesn't have personal experience with things.. BUT I got to schedule my anatomy ultrasound! SO excited about that. They measure baby, make sure everything is functioning correctly, and confirm his gender :) I still worry that he's gonna become a girl all of a sudden (there are so many horror stories about people preparing for one gender, and having another!). But we shall see!
I also got to get a manicure and my eyebrows done. Woot woot! :) They sure hurt more than they used to! I have concluded that I am a wuss, on all accounts of pain. I don't even wanna think about labor.
How big is baby?: The size of a sweet potato. Or a small electric shaver. Haha. around 6 inches, so about the size of my hand!
Stretch marks?: still stretching and marking away :-/
Maternity clothes?: Wear 'em every day. Especially pants. I can still wear some of my non-maternity tops, if they're long enough.
Sleep: About the same. I have been waking up less in the middle of the night this past week, which I appreciate! Still waking up around 6:30-7:30, though.
Best moment this week: J had three days off in a row! Of course I had office days for two of them, but I loved spending the evenings with him :) And all day yesterday! We went and saw "The Vow" on Wednesday (sweet movie, but would have liked it to be longer!), and "This Means War" on Thursday. It was SO funny! I highly recommend that one :)
Movement: Still nothing. I feel like it's coming soon though!!
Food cravings: nothing at all this week. except sugar :P
Gender: hopefully he's still a boy!
Labor Signs: No thank you.
Belly Button in or out?: In and looking normal. As normal as an off-center belly button can be :(
What I miss: nothing this week! i've been pretty happy all week :)
What I am looking forward to: My a/s in 2.5 weeks! And feeling baby move. And getting our taxes back :P Hopefully I can get my Coach diaper bag!! And hopefully J will find out something about his pending new job soon...I am impatient!

Love the crib! You'll have to post a pic of yours once you put it together, with all the boy stuff. :)
ReplyDelete