Thursday, March 1, 2012

19 Weeks (almost)

I decided to write my weekly entry tonight, instead of tomorrow, because tomorrow is a super special day!
6 months ago, tomorrow, was the most wonderful day of my entire life! The whole day was like a dream, and I have never been happier :) To celebrate, John and I both have the day off, so we are going to spend a wonderful entire day together! Then for dinner, we have reservations at The Melting Pot!! We've never been there, but I've always wanted to. Very excited to go out like "fancy" people and get all dressed up :P

This week has been pretty standard. Lots of work for the both of us. My job has a Job Fair every March where we interview a ton of people and do a "mass hire" for the season. So, being the only full-time Restaurant Manager right now, I've been swamped with getting the word out and making sure we're prepared for it! And, of course, what comes with hiring a bunch of people, is training a bunch of people: my expertise. I have been prepping the training manuals for months to make sure they're perfect, and I can't wait to get all these new people in and trained! It was just 2 years ago that I moved back up here to live with my parents (and get away from a boy...haha), and I found this job description on Craigslist for a "singing server". Best. Decision. EVER. I rocked my interview and audition (obviously..haha), and started working there at the end of March. Of course, this is where J came in. :) He had the most amazing smile, and there was just something about him. I cannot believe how much my life has changed in the last 2 years, and I can't wait to be able to change someone else's life by giving them a chance to work for this incredible company! It really is an exciting time for me (the "mass hire")...probably mostly because I'm a dork like that and it doesn't take much to excite me. I LOVE all of the new personalities we get, and seeing everyone get along, and most act on their best behavior. It's wonderful!

Speaking of my husband, I have to brag on him for a little bit. He is the absolute most amazing man in the entire world. Best husband I've ever had! This pregnancy hasn't been the hardest one ever, but it sure hasn't been the easiest. I went into it very naive, and just wanted the baby, the end product. I haven't been the easiest person to get along with these past 4 months or so, but J doesn't think twice about it. He is SO super loving, caring, and all-around wonderful. The other night he asked me "What would you have done if you had married someone who didn't give you everything you wanted?" I simply told him I wouldn't have married them. Haha. I am not spoiled, by any means, but J is ridiculously selfless. If I'm craving something, and we can afford it, he gets it for me, or lets me get it when he's working. When I am exhausted and need to go to bed, he goes to bed with me, just to be with me, even if he's not tired. We are an awesome team together, and I am so confident that he is going to be the most amazing father to Elijah. I think he's a little scared of the "unknown" of having your first child, but I have no doubt that he's going to know exactly what to do, and that Elijah will not be a momma's boy, because his daddy is so incredible. Daddy is going to be the fun one (he is a good bit younger than me...so he has more pep in his step! haha), and mommy is going to be the rule enforcer. I'm okay with that, though, because I want nothing more than to watch Elijah grow up to be just like daddy. :) Gotta stop, the tears are coming...! haha

I can't WAIT for next Friday, when I'll be "half baked"! How does time fly by, but crawl slowly at the same time???


How big is baby?: The size of a mango, or a softball. Still about 6 inches long, he weighs about 8.5oz
Stretch marks?: found even more yesterday morning.
Maternity clothes?: love them! found some super cute shirts at Motherhood for work. I love the style and fit, they were just expensive, so I don't have many.
Sleep: This week it's been tough to fall asleep, because of my foot problems. I keep forgetting to ask my doctor, but it's getting really ridiculous. I have this constant urge to crack my toes on my left foot, and usually end up taking Tylenol PM to get some sleep. I wonder if this is a type of RLS (restless leg syndrome), and if there is anything a doctor could do about it...this crap isn't gonna fly for much longer, though!!!
Best moment this week: Tomorrow count? :) Monday was good, though, too. J finally got his electronics he's been wanting, and it's cute to see him get all giddy about showing me how everything works :)
Movement: Still nothing. :(( I feel like it's coming soon though!!
Food cravings: I was craving fruit really bad last night, so I went to get some. Lucky for me they were on sale! Un-lucky for me, I woke up feeling like crap; my stomach hurt (physical pain, not gas like usual! haha), and my abdomen was cramping (probably from stretching), but I wonder if the pain was from eating all that fruit. Maybe Elijah got used to the junk I usually feed him :P
Gender: hopefully he's still a boy!
Labor Signs: No thank you.
Belly Button in or out?: In and looking normal. As normal as an off-center belly button can be :(
What I miss: having peace of mind about my baby :( I wish these appointments weren't so far apart!!
What I am looking forward to: March! I love March. Everyone is happy for some reason! My a/s is in 13 days!! And J's 21st Birthday is 2 weeks from tomorrow!!! I'm hoping we are both able to get that day off, too, though I have no idea what we'd do. I just want it to be special :) I'm also, of course, looking forward to feeling this stubborn little boogar inside me! Last night J was shaking my stomach and telling Elijah to wake up...haha. Unfortunately it didn't work. Boo.

My next blog entry will be halfway! YAY ME! :) Here's a pic from this week of my ever-growing bump! It always looks bigger in pictures...guess the camera DOES add 10 pounds?? :)

5 comments:

  1. You're so cute! :) Enjoy your day tomorrow with the hubs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You look fantastic!
    "Best husband I've ever had" <--- had me cracking up! =) Half-baked also gave me the giggles. I can't believe you're already halfway there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha LM I tell him that all the time! Or sometimes I tell him he's my least favorite husband of all time when i'm mad :P and thank you ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you just wait until hubby shakes your belly and he DOES wake up! lol Justin (before he left) would shake my belly at night before bed and then Corbin would start to move and would NOT stop! lol Then I couldn't sleep! I love feeling him though. It's an amazing feeling.
    And I'm very jealous... The Melting Pot is my absolute FAVORITE restaurant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. M, you're belly is growing and that should be peace of mind for you! Don't sweat it! I do understand the feeling though! But soon enough that little boy will be doing flips and kicking you...then you can rest assured! Lookin good mama!!!

    ReplyDelete