Biggest moment: I felt Elijah kick last Monday!!! (3.12) I was in the middle of an interview, and all of a sudden stopped talking to the girl and told her my baby must like her, because he kicked me!! :) (for the record, we did end up hiring her...haha) Elijah has been kicking me ever since, and every day gets a little stronger! There isn't really any "downtime", either. I am guessing he either kicks in his sleep, or just sleeps when I do! (which I wouldn't hate..!) I can't stop talking about his kicks, because it still takes me by surprise every time it happens. Now I really can't wait for J to be able to feel him!! Sometimes I feel like a liar when I tell him the baby's kicking me, because there really is no proof! I feel selfish that I have to keep these first kicks to myself...but I know it won't be long before John feels him; this sucker is a strong one!!
This past week, and these next few weeks, are going to be ridiculously busy for me. Because of our job fair, we've hired 30-40 new people, and I've got to get them all trained! It's a bit (okay, a LOT) overwhelming. Especially because I have never done anything like this before! I can't say I did't cry a little sitting at my desk yesterday thinking about all the stuff that needs to get done...but hey, I can still blame that on pregnancy hormones, right??
Speaking of crying...it's like I can't catch a break! haha. Yesterday when I left for work, J was sleeping peacefully in bed still (it was his day off), and I started tearing up as I was leaving! Those were happy tears, though. I looooooove spending time with him; it just never feels like enough. We could spend an entire week together, and I'd still want to spend more time with him. One day last week I just wanted to hug him, for no reason, and I started crying while I was hugging him! I'm a mess, I tell ya.
We did have our 20 week u/s last Wednesday! It was so awesome getting to see little man again :) we only got one good profile picture to take home. At the 20 week u/s, they're supposed to measure everything and let you know if your baby's on track or not. For whatever reason, my hospital doesn't do this. The tech took a bunch of pictures, and gave them to the doctor, who I see this Friday. So hopefully she'll tell me how perfect my baby is then. :P The tech did say that everything looked right on track, but us pregnant girls worry a ton!! Here's our baby:
Look at that cute little nose!! :)
And here are some outfits we bought for his this past week. I made J help me pick them out. :)
This first one is a set of 5 Hurley onesies. SO cute!!! J wasn't in love with them, but I couldn't leave the store without them...haha
and J really liked this one:I'm not too keen on onesies with words all over them, but this one was too cute to pass up :)
And here's my belly picture from last week! I'm pretty sure I grew overnight two nights ago; my belly has been getting in my way more than usual! But, since I am still in pajamas, you gotta wait for the next one for that picture! Suspenseful, I know :) Annnnnd my face looked horrid in this picture. So I cut it out. You are welcome!
How big is baby?: The size of a banana! Or an over-inflated football. haha
Stretch marks?: I have stopped looking for these. I am not "blessed" in this department!
Maternity clothes?: Someone seemed surprised yesterday when I told them I'd been wearing them since I was about 10-11 weeks pregnant. They're just so comfy!
Sleep: Comes and goes. Still going pretty well in this department, though. And luckily I don't wake up to pee in the middle of the night!
Best moment this week: The kicks!!!!
Movement: all day, every day :)
Food cravings: Still just sweets! I can't get enough hard candy, for whatever reason!
Gender: u/s tech confirmed he's still a boy!
Labor Signs: No thank you.
Belly Button in or out?: still in, but looking more off-centered every day! J thinks I'm delusional.
What I miss: Nothing right now! Life is great :)
What I am looking forward to: we move in about a month!!! The guy we're renting from let us pick out colors we'd like the walls painted, so that's been super fun :) We're both just SO anxious to get out of this city, and into the city that has EVERYTHING, and is much closer to my family! Right now we're about 5 mins from J's parents, and 45 mins from mine. But when we move, we'll be about 30 mins from both! And still the same distance to work :) And did I mention it's on the water??? It's GORGEOUS. And we're getting brand new appliances, freshly painted walls, ahhhh!! I'll definitely have to put up pictures once we're in...
I love baby kicks!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd I can't wait to see pics of your new place!!!
Yay baby kicks and moving!!!! Both you moving and baby moving =) hee hee hee.
ReplyDelete