Today marks 20 weeks pregnant, and 20 weeks til my due date! I felt like this day would never come...my due date still feels super far away, but every day is another day closer. 5 months down, 5 to go! :))
Nothing baby-wise has happened lately. I do think Elijah has found my bladder, though. Every time I go to the bathroom, 5 minutes later I have to pee again! It got a little ridiculous today.
I had to work this morning, and I can't believe how worn out I am! Every day it gets a little harder to do my job (the physical aspects), and I'm getting worried that I won't be able to work right up until he comes out, which is the plan. I don't get paid maternity leave, so I'd really like to not waste my time by having to stop working early! J said I just need to take breaks more often and stop overdoing everything, but I'm a worker bee!! I don't like to sit down often, and try to always find something to do. By the time I got off today, and went to Walmart, my abdomen was cramping like crazy and I did not feel good. Yikes.
In other news, J got offered the job he's been trying to get for the past 2-3 months! :) We don't know when he'll start yet, but probably by the end of the month. I'm so happy for him!! He's super excited (as am I, of course!) to have a steady paycheck, and not have to work for commission anymore. It'll be such a relief!
OH! Forgot I hadn't mentioned our new condo! Last Friday morning, my mom called and said her coworker owns a condo that is going to be available in April if we wanted to go look at it. At first, I was hesitant because I'm not a fan of neighbors right next to you, but the price was right, so we went and looked at it anyway. We fell in love! It's in Chesapeake, where we've always wanted to move, and RIGHT on the water!! It has a boat dock out back, and even comes with our own "slit" (or whatever she called it..haha) to dock a boat of our own! Obviously we don't have one yet, but hopefully soon! People also go fishing right in our backyard (across the river), and I'm way excited for Elijah to be old enough to learn how to do that with his daddy!!! It has one more bedroom and bathroom than we have now, and a large dining room, and a huge master bedroom with a view of the water! We're moving in the end of April :) We're so impatient and wish we could move in NOW!
Here is my picture from this week:
I love looking at my belly!! :) People keep commenting on my belly and I love talking about my baby!! :) Today I had a guest tell me how gorgeous I was, and that I looked very good pregnant. Made my day! :) :)
How big is baby?: The size of a cantaloupe! Or as long as a beer bottle. 6.5 inches long, and about 10.2 ounces.
Stretch marks?: I have stopped looking for these. I am not "blessed" in this department!
Maternity clothes?: Gotta get a couple more work shirts...but they sure are comfy!
Sleep: My foot problems have gotten better, and I've been sleeping pretty well this week. I still wake up somewhere between 6:30-8:30 for the day, and want to go to bed by 9pm.
Best moment this week: Hmm...can't think of anything! J took his polygraph test Monday or Tuesday, and then they called him Wednesday to offer him the job! That was definitely exciting...just anxious for him to start working there now :)
Movement: Still nothing. :(( I feel like it's coming soon though!! I might have felt a nudge yesterday, but I have no idea, and don't wanna get excited yet!
Food cravings: Just sugar.
Gender: hopefully he's still a boy!
Labor Signs: No thank you.
Belly Button in or out?: In and looking normal. As normal as an off-center belly button can be :(
What I miss: having peace of mind about my baby :( I wish these appointments weren't so far apart!!
What I am looking forward to: Next Wednesday!!!!!!!!! We have our anatomy scan where we get to see Elijah again, and they measure his body and his heart and make sure everything is functioning correctly. J also has off almost all of next week, and I'm SO excited to get to spend time with him when I'm not at work! And Friday is his birthday!!!! I wish we could do something special :( But I can't take any time off right now (or ever this year...haha). I'm still excited, though, because I love birthdays!! He's already gotten himself everything he wants, so I reckon we'll just be doing a nice dinner somewhere. Love date nights! :)
Here are some fun pics I took today with my "half baked" purchase :P
(don't judge me!)
I think it's nap time now.
No comments:
Post a Comment