Thursday, May 17, 2012

30 Weeks Tomorrow!! :)

Can't believe I'm about to hit the big 3-0! Baby could literally come at any time...but I'm sure he'll stay in there for another 6-10 weeks (or more!). I wish there was a way of knowing when he is going to decide to "pop" out, but I guess that just adds to the excitement! My biggest worry is that he'll come when it isn't "convenient" for J's new job, and he won't be able to be there with me. Since we moved, the hospital is about 30 minutes away (without traffic, and we all know how I-64 can be!), and I don't even know how I'll get there if I were to need to go when I'm at home alone. I do have lots of people I know I could call, I'm just SO much of a PLANNER that I NEED to know when things are going to happen, and how I'm going to make them happen. haha :) I know it'll all work out!

Life has been good lately. J started his new job; the hours are pretty great (except the whole part where he has to wake up at 430am! But he's off by 6 every day, and every other week only works 2 days!). He loves it so far. He gets to carry around hand cuffs! After he finishes the Academy (we're thinking it'll start some time in July), he gets to carry around lots more cool things :P I'm so excited for him! My job has been good. Finally in a rotation with the other manager, so one week I work mostly days, and the next week mostly nights. I like having a little stability! I am mega nervous about taking leave. Like when to take it, how long to stay out, and how work will survive without me! I am SO connected to my job and have invested a lot into it, so I hate the thought of not being able to do my job for 4ish weeks...as my boss said, I'm a control freak. Guess I've been called worse. :P I am REALLY hoping to work up until my water breaks. But we'll see what happens!

Baby has gotten BIG in the last week. This week I've started to feel him rolling around. It's the coolest thing ever! All day today I've been laying around watching and feeling my belly...there is always something poking out! Definitely makes things more real :)

Speaking of real...For real, we have like hardly anything for this child coming! We did put up the crib last week!
And we have a few outfits, but that is it! I think the next thing we'll be purchasing when we have extra money (IF that ever happens. haha) is the car seat. Just in case something were to happen, I want to be able to at least take him home from the hospital!! J's mom is throwing us a shower this weekend, so I'm super excited and hope we get some things we really need! :)


How big is baby?: The size of a cucumber (really?? hmm), or 15.2-16.7 inches and 2.5-3.8 lbs. He's getting SO big!!!
Stretch marks?: nothing new.
Maternity clothes?: Oh yes. I am getting tired of always wearing the same clothes, but can't seem to convince the husband that I need more clothes just for the next 10 or so weeks...
Sleep: Not too bad. I honestly think Elijah sleeps when I do, though I've heard that's not the norm. But he doesn't wake me up in the middle of the night with his wiggling, he is moving allll day long, and when I first wake up it takes him a little to get moving. How glorious would it be for him to sleep through the night right off the bat??? As dark as our room is, it could be possible... :P But I can't get my hopes up!
Best moment this week: any moment spent with the husband! This is his "short week" where he only works Wed-Thurs, but I still feel like I haven't seen much of him. BUT we go to our first (of two) newborn care class tonight, which will be fun :) And then Saturday after I get off work, he's coming with me to our baby shower, and I get to spend the rest of Saturday and all day Sunday with him!
Movement: LOTS!! I'm so in love with his wiggles :)
Food cravings: Nothing weird yet. I've been super hungry all day today, which sucks when you're home alone and don't have a wonderful husband to make things and get things for you! haha :P
Gender: still my little man!
Labor Signs: Not yet! But he *has* started to drop!
Belly Button in or out?: getting closer to popping out. a little nervous about that, since it's off-centered and it'll be way more noticeable, but it'll still be cute! :)
What I miss: Still being able to do things...I was trying to carry a light box at work the other day, and this belly was all up IN my way! And I'm starting to miss sushi. We found a new sushi place by our house, and there's a roll that J swears is like a "slice of heaven" (he's a weirdo), and every time he talks about it, it makes me want to taste it even MORE!! But it has raw fish on top of it, so I can't :( #pregnantladyproblems
What I am looking forward to: my shower saturday! especially because my favorite sister EVER is coming up for it :D and the Chesapeake Jubilee is this weekend! Hopefully we'll have enough extra money so we can stop by for a funnel cake and/or cotton candy! And super excited about our "newborn care class" tonight and next thursday :) and we're going to a class on nursing on Monday! AND I have another doctor's appointment next Wednesday! I have those every other week now. I feel like a pain/inconvenience to my boss, but what can ya do?

1 comment: