Wednesday, January 18, 2012

12w5d

Not much going on here in baby-land. At least, nothing new. I'm sure there are LOTS of things going on inside of me. But I can't see those! :( I haven't seen the baby in 4 weeks. And I don't get to go to the doctor for another 2 weeks :( I hate waiting! The husband and I have decided that we are going to get an "elective" gender scan around 16 weeks. Our doctor won't do them until 20 weeks, and we all know how impatient Marisa is. It'll be a 3D/4D ultrasound, and it's these techs' jobs to determine the gender of baby. So I have no doubt that it will be correct! You can't really go wrong with a 3D u/s anyway. For $100 they'll do the u/s, give us lots of pictures and a video on a disk, and tell us what our baby has between it's legs! We are trying to get an appt for Valentine's Day, and that will be our only gift to each other. We can't wait!! I am starting to have a gut feeling that it's a girl, but I'm not sure if my personal wishes have overrided my gut. So I'm trying not to get my hopes up!
J did let me buy my first thing for baby last weekend while I was visiting my sister:

How cute are these??? I think they're semi-gender neutral. The Mike one is my favorite :) If we have a boy, this will be one of the first outfits he wears!!! Pending he fits in to it...haha. Babies are such a funny thing! I keep hearing stories about babies who are too big and measure before their time (like wearing 3-6 month clothes when they're only 2 months old). This makes me cautious about buying anything. But sometimes you just can't help it!

I do have a registry now, on amazon.com, where I've put things that I've been researching since the beginning. It has all of the basics on there, and we'll add more once we know the sex. We also plan on making one at Babies R Us, but that one we want to do in the store, together, after the gender scan.

I told the husband yesterday that I'm 3 months pregnant. And he was surprised! I asked what he thought 12 weeks pregnant meant...haha. I guess when you think about it in months, it seems like there is less time left! I think it really put things in perspective for him, and made him realize that baby will be here before we know it!

How big is baby?: The size of a plum or wine cork! Almost a peach :)
Stretch marks?: nothing new.
Maternity clothes?: I wear the same few outfits every week. They're all that fit me. I tried to wear regular jeans to run to the store the other night, and the pressure of them on my abdomen was awful! I had to unbutton them and hide it under my sweatshirt :-/ The only bad thing about only having a few outfits is I think they are shrinking from being washed so much..I can't NOT put them in the dryer, because they come out all wrinkly when I don't. and I'm lazy, so there's that. oh well.... I'll wear these until I have to buy more.
Sleep: Having a VERY hard time falling asleep. By bedtime, for whatever reason, I can't stop burping, and my legs get SO restless. And when I'm burping nonstop I feel like I'm going to vomit. I had my second episode this weekend at my sister's house. It was not fun! I've had to take tylenol PM for the last few nights. I usually stay asleep, though, and only wake up a few minutes before my alarm.
Best moment this week: I went and visited my sister this past weekend. And met up with an old friend on my way down there. That was fun! Marin and I went and saw "Joyful Noise", and looked at tonssss of baby clothes :) It was nice having someone to look at baby stuff with that seemed as into it as I am! We kept picturing my baby in the different outfits and kept running to each other going "Oh! Look how CUTE this one is!!!" :) Then on Sunday I got to visit my old church I went to while in college. Man do I miss that place!! I would move back to that town JUST to go to that church. I hate that we haven't found anything like it around here.
Movement: none yet! I can feel where baby is, which is cool. but can't feel baby moving.
Food cravings: nothing weird. these ruffle chips and ranch dip have been ON POINT, though.
Gender: No idea yet. I'm feeling a girl, but a mini-J would be adorable, too :) We have agreed on a name for each, though! Hopefully we'll find out Feb 14th.
Labor Signs: No thank you.
Belly Button in or out?: In and looking normal. I hate that my bellybutton is off-center. John thinks I'm crazy and says it's normal. But it's totally off.
What I miss: Not being so constricted as to what I can/can't have! The caffeine doesn't bother me. But I found out last week that artificial sweetners are bad. No one ever told me that!!! I was drinking Crystal Light like it was my job. I figured too much sugar was bad for baby, too. UGH. So I've been drinking boring 'ol water. And the no lunch meat is killing me, too. Oh what I wouldn't do for some Jimmy John's!!
What I am looking forward to: the gender u/s! and my company christmas party this saturday. (we always do it a little late....haha) it's usually a semi-good time, and they give out some nice prizes. Last year I won $500 (and a nice "Shipmate of the Year" plaque)! I doubt that I'll get that again this year, but it's exciting seeing people win things!

2 comments:

  1. Holy crap those are ridiculously cute onesies!!!!! Although I've also heard the same things about babies being born big, etc. so toootally understand why you're not buying too much yet. Plus, for outfits that he/she's only going to be wearing for a couple of months, you probably don't need a lot =)

    That's so cute that you're doing the gender u/s for Valentine's Day! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw those onesies at Target!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete