Hopefully these pics will work. Hubby took them today, I'm 10weeks 4days. This is me trying to suck in my belly (which is semi-painful):
this is me not sucking in:
Crazy, huh?? I am LOVING these maternity shirts I got at Motherhood last weekend. They make me feel cute, and not like a blimp. Before I went to Motherhood, I tried just getting larger regular shirts, but they made me feel fat and almost like a tent.
I wish there was a bigger market for maternity clothes...I hate that the only store I can get them from is Motherhood. I LOVE the store, and the staff has always been BEYOND amazing (every time they put my clothes in a dressing room for me and make sure i'm okay, this last time one of them actually walked around the store with me and showed me things I might like. and then they helped give me their opinion on certain outfits because I didn't have anyone shopping with me!). But their prices aren't the greatest. Even on sale, a shirt is around $20 and pants $20-30. But so far it's been worth it! I did discover yesterday, though, that Baby's R Us ALSO sells maternity clothes! I think they just carry the Motherhood line (so just about the same exact things as the store itself), but it's nice to know I don't always have to trek all the way inside the mall to buy/look at clothes. BRU also had this super cute shirt that said "Great things come from big bellies" or something like that. I might have to go back and get that one! Although it was a long sleeve one, and by the time my belly gets super big, it'll probably be warm out. But with the way we're going so far......who knows! haha :)
I wrote in my last blog about how my doctor was making me a little uneasy...well I called today and got switched to another doctor. This one is a lady, so I'm SUPER excited. Hopefully she'll be more professional and less "ok, ask questions, i have nothing for you, goodbye" like my last one. But we'll see! I am also hoping to talk her in to moving up my gender u/s. The last doctor didn't wanna do it until 20 weeks, but I know LOTS of people that find out around 15-16 weeks, and I wanna be one of them! :) Marisa is not known for her patience.
Speaking of patience, I need a doppler!!!!! I haven't convinced the husband yet :( But it would be SO nice to have peace of mind and be able to check on baby at home whenever I wanted to :) I HATE having to wait to go to the doctor's office! grr.
oh, and Happy New Year!! I'm gonna go stuff my face now.
The dopplers you can get in the store suck and will stress you out bc you can't hear anything. Don't waste your money! Target has cute maternity stuff. My favorite jeans came from there. They have good cute better priced stuff. A lot of doctors don't like 15-16 week ultrasounds bc it's harder to tell. You might be told girl and actually have a boy. That happened to my friend who then found out at her 38 week ultrasound that her pink nursery and all pink clothing needed to be redone! Try to wait the extra 2 weeks if you can!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.hibebe.org/catalog/item/3399452/8245792.htm
ReplyDeleteThis is the doppler I got and it is AMAZING!!!
Looking great! I'm 13 weeks and feel like I'm barely showing. I love the one maternity outfit I have at the moment, that's for sure! I got mine on the Clearance rack at Kohl's.
ReplyDeleteYou look adorable!!!! Yay baby-bump!
ReplyDeleteYou can get lots of cute maternity clothes online at Old Navy and they always have a sale. Also at Ross, TJ Maxx and Marshal's doesn't carry any, but they have a pretty decent selection at Ross. Target is good, online is cheaper than the store.
ReplyDelete