Saturday, January 28, 2012

14 Weeks!

Yesterday I hit the "14 week" mark :) woot woot!

Unfortunately, the husband was sick all last weekend (and is still not feeling well), and I caught it. I was throwing up allll day yesterday. We went and got sushi for lunch, and right as soon as we got home, it was over :( Sushi doesn't taste so good coming back up! I don't think I'll be eating there for a while. :( I spent the rest of the day miserable on the couch, throwing up every so often.
I woke up quite often during the night last night, but mostly because my body hurt so bad. I haven't thrown up since right before bed last night, thank goodness, but my body is still very achy, and I've hardly moved from the couch :( I was able to get some pizza bites down for lunch. Now I'm craving Cheese Its like nobody's business. J said he'll bring me home some after work (luckily he gets off around 7 tonight!). I HATE feeling so...useless. I feel like a bum. I am definitely glad that our boat is still in Dry Dock, so I have the weekend off. I am praying I'm better by Monday. It's a big, busy day at work!

One of the things that worry me the most about all this throwing up and lack of appetite is that the baby isn't getting enough nourishment. :( I've been drinking gatorade all day, hoping the electrolytes are doing something to help. I'm hoping that since I've been overall pretty healthy everything will be okay...

I did go to the doctor on Wednesday for my check up. I met my new doctor! She's a younger lady (maybe mid-30s to 40s?), and has a 5 month old! She was SUPER nice, very professional, and gave me a MUCH better vibe than the last doctor did. She asked what gender I wanted to have, and I told her a girl. So when she found the baby's heartbeat (SUCH a neat thing to hear!!!!), she kept saying "hi princess!" :) It was awesome. I asked her what I had coming for me, in terms of doctor visits, and she laid it all out there. I felt so much more comfortable!


How big is baby?: The size of a lemon!
Stretch marks?: found another one this week :( I don't think I'm going to be one of those "blessed" pregnant girls who don't get any.
Maternity clothes?: Wearing the same few outfits. It hit me today that once we start having cruises again I'm going to have to get a few more outfits. Really sucks because money is tight right now..
Sleep: I have found that taking Tylenol PM before bed lets me sleep til 7 or so in the morning, which is great. Last night was rough, but that's not because of baby. I am starting to have more of a problem getting comfortable, because my belly is sticking out a little more. Thank goodness that we got a new bed in December that forms to your body...so I can lay on my side or back and nothing is being strained. Never thought of that as being something that would help during the pregnancy, but I am so thankful for it!
Best moment this week: That's a tough one. Actually, Tuesday was the one day J and I were both feeling okay. We went to my brother's house for dinner. His girlfriend is due Sept. 3rd, so it was fun talking about pregnancies (and seeing my brother squirm about the whole thing!). Wednesday was when J started his day of vomiting, and I tried to help him, but the sight/sound/smell made me nauseous. It's been a rough week...
Movement: none yet! I can feel where baby is, which is cool. but can't feel baby moving.
Food cravings: still nothing weird.
Gender: Have our appt scheduled for Feb 15th!! We wanted to do the 14th (J is usually off on Tuesdays), but they're closed every Tuesday for whatever reason. We're both taking the whole day off so we can find out, and soak in the news :) and start registering for more baby stuff! I keep getting this strong feeling that it's a girl, though...
Labor Signs: No thank you.
Belly Button in or out?: In and looking normal.
What I miss: Jimmy John's. That's mostly it! Oh, and feeling normal. I told J today that I wish we were both back to feeling 100%, and he kindly reminded me that I haven't felt 100% since we found out I was pregnant and my symptoms started :( meh.
What I am looking forward to: the gender u/s!!! I can. not. wait. I asked my doctor about whether or not it was an okay thing to do, and she said she couldn't really recommend it because "too many u/s's are not necessarily good for baby", but I'm only have two done at the doctors, and I know people who get them every week, so I'm sure it'll be fine. We don't plan on telling her, though. We'll have our anatomy scan about mid-March, where they'll confirm the gender and make sure baby is growing like it's supposed to. I'm also really looking forward to not feeling like death anymore. And for J to feel better. All he says is his "stomach hurts"...how am I supposed to make that feel better??

2 comments:

  1. I love reading these posts Marisa! So excited for you :) And that's so fun you get to be pregnant with your brother's girlfriend, you can share stories :) Oh, and I just have to throw this little but of weirdness in... my boyfriend's sister is pregnant, as well, and she too is due Sept. 3rd! So much fun for you all! I wish you all the best!

    P.S. I don't have one of these things so I'll let you know, this is Lindsey White :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it cuz!!! i love hearing about your bundle! xoxo.....kell

    ReplyDelete