Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I have a 2 week old!

Well, 2.5 weeks now. It still feels like he was just born yesterday. I have LOVED spending every day with him, snuggling and watching him discover the world around him. Which is currently mostly just our house. We take him out quite a bit (more than your average 2.5 week old), but still spend most of our days at home in the bed or on the couch. It's lovely!

I return to work on Monday (though I've been in to the office twice in the last two weeks...I'm a bit of a control freak!), and while I am looking forward to getting back in the swing of things, It's not going to be easy leaving my baby! Yesterday when I was at the office (with little man), J got off work early so he came and got E so I could finish work without having to worry about him. I was away from him for 4 hours and was itching to go home and get some smooches! I am glad that I'm going back to work sooner rather than later, but I just hope I don't miss any big milestones in his life!

Recovery hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. I feel great, and would forget that I just had a baby if it weren't for this flab of skin on my tummy :P It's so nice to not have to worry about bumping in to everything with my bellehhh, my back hurting, contractions, or my feet swelling! :)

Little man is doing great. Most nights we get a 4-6 hour stretch of sleep, and then 3 hours stretches. Could be worse. I'm worried about getting enough sleep when I go back to work, but I'll be working nights, so I should (hopefully) be able to get some sleep during the day before I have to go in. He eats 3-5oz at a time (our little chunk-chunk!), every 2-4 hours (longer stretches at night). He is the cutest thing ever!! All day I feel like I just stare at him and take pictures. Most of them end up on Instagram! I adore his eyes, and loooove his chubby cheeks! While I don't like thinking of him growing up, I am SO excited to see who he is going to grow up to be. :))

Wow, that was a lot of rambling! 

Here is a picture of my little family from my work "Spirit Day" last Monday. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment