Little man will be 6 weeks old on Saturday! :) I have my 6-week check-up on Friday; I sure hope everything is good, because I've been doing a bunch of things they told me I probably shouldn't do until after this check-up. What can I say, I'm impatient! (something I know all of you already know about me!) They told me not to leave the house much until baby is 2 months old. I shouldn't be working or lifting anything until after 6 weeks. Oh well! I am definitely not the type of person to sit around the house all day, and unless they were going to pay my bills for 6 weeks, staying away from work was not going to happen! BUT I feel great, baby is doing great, and we're getting in to somewhat of a routine. :)
J is still in the Academy (graduates in less than a month!), so for now his schedule is just M-F. My only day of having to work is Mondays, so my dad watches Elijah for the day until J gets home from work. Tuesday nights are also a weekly thing I HAVE to work, and I have to be there before J gets off of work, so his mom comes over after she gets off of work to watch Elijah until J gets home. I love that he gets weekly time with his grandparents! I work nights the rest of the week (except my 2 days off, which are random), so I take little man to work with me while I do my paperwork and get ready for the cruise (and the office ladies love seeing him!), then J picks him up from me because his work is literally right down the street from my office. I love being able to sleep in with him every day, and that J gets alone time with him at night. :) When both of us are home, the control freak in me gets the baby most of the time. So I like that J still gets a chance to bond with him, too! He does this adorable thing where he'll say "kissy lips!" and make them at E, and he'll do them back to him! It's the cutest thing EVER.
On the sleeping note, my little man loves to sleep! I realize this is a phase and could change very quickly, but for now I am loving it. I had a feeling he'd be a sleeper because he slept well "on the inside" and never woke me up at night (except for that one time with the hiccups--which he still gets a lot!). The past 3 nights he has had an 8-9 hour stretch of sleep! Then I feed him, and he sleeps for a few more hours, I feed him again, and he's usually back to sleep! In the afternoon/evening he is awake a little more before finally going to sleep any time between 8 and 11pm. He's just perfect!
He is eating about 4oz at a time for the most part now. Every once in a while he'll still be hungry after that, and I usually give him a couple more ounces and he's happy and full. :) Such a growing boy! I am anxious for his 8 week appointment (I have to wait until October! Boooo) to see how much he has grown!
J and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary on the 2nd of this month. :) We went to Busch Gardens for the day while my parents watched little man. It was nice getting away (and riding roller coasters!!!), but I sure missed my babe! And I HIGHLY recommend the new ride at BG! Scared the bejeebees out of me!!!
So, life is very good. :) We are adjusting and adapting well. J is an excellent dad! We are all getting enough sleep, I am still getting to eat hot meals, and we are just very very blessed. :)
And here is some "eye candy" from the last couple weeks. :) I love my little family!!





Beautiful family! So glad things are going well.
ReplyDelete