Thursday, October 4, 2012

Two Months!

Little man is 2 months old today! I can't believe how fast it's gone. I can't imagine life without this special guy!

Elijah had his 2-month checkup yesterday. The doctor, who I love!, said he looks great! He is now 13lbs, 12 oz, and 23.5 inches tall! He's gained almost 5lbs and grown 3 inches in the last 2 months! Definitely our little chunk-chunk. :) He is in the 75-90th percentile, but very proportionate. Go little buddy! He had to get 3 shots yesterday, and handled them like a champ. I really love our pediatrician's office. They had 2 nurses do the shots, so it would be over with quickly. He screamed as he was getting poked, but as soon as he was done I scooped him up and quickly calmed him to sleep. :) I love being able to do that...makes me feel like I may actually be doing something right! He slept a lot the rest of the day yesterday, and has been a little fussy and warm today. But no temperature (as of yet), and he is still acting like his silly self!




My favorite development: He's started smiling and sticking his tongue out! It's so precious :) J was the first one to get him to smile, but now he smiles allllll the time. So rewarding! He's probably smiling because mommy and daddy act/look/sound like idiots, but we'll take it :P
This one is my favorite! Love his outfit!
The first picture J sent me of him smiling :))
Such a handsome dude!
His head control is getting excellent! He doesn't like to be held like a baby much anymore, unless you're feeding him. He LOVES sitting facing out so he can see what's going on. We sit him in the bumbo on occasion, and yesterday he even got to sit in his jumper yesterday for a bit!
Bumbo

Jumper
He has been sleeping through the night for the most part. For a while we got 7-9 hour stretches every night! The last 2 nights he's only slept 5 & 6 hours, both times waking up at 3:30. We recently tried having him sleep in his Pack'n'Play (like a portable crib), and that may be what's making him not sleep as well. He usually sleeps in his Rock'n'Play (yellow polka-dotted thing above). We will eventually put him in his crib, but I like having him close by (read: I'm lazy and don't want to have to walk to his room when he wakes up hungry).

Being back at work is still okay. I love my job, but the hours are wearing on me. I want to play with my baby 24/7! If only I could get paid for that :P J graduates the Academy next Thursday! Super excited for him. :)) He'll be all official and can arrest people and stuff! He said there's a pretty hefty consequence for assaulting an Officer...so I better be nice! Unfortunately, "nice" has never been a word used to describe me. :P Haha!

Look how much my baby has grown in just a month! This is the same onesie. :)
Look at his head control now!


No comments:

Post a Comment