Sunday, November 4, 2012

Three Months!


Little man is 3 months old today!!

Another month has passed, and I am still SO surprised at how fast it's gone by! Elijah has gotten SO big, and I LOVE watching him grow and discover new things every day. :)) 
He is a champ at holding his head up now. He no longer likes to be held "like a baby" unless you are feeding him or he's really tired. He loves seeing what's going on in the world around him. This past week his naps have significantly dwindled (less than 30 minutes each!), but I think it's because he feels like he's missing out on all the fun! He is *THIS* close to sitting up on his own. We prop him up with the boppy and a couch pillow so he can sit by himself, but a couple of times when I ran to the kitchen to get something quickly, I found this:
haha! It cracked me up. Luckily our couch is deep enough that he was no where near falling off of it. He wasn't fussing or anything when he face-planted. Just kept watching the tv. He LOVES looking at the tv. Some people are super anti-tv for kids, but he enjoys watching the lights flash on the screen, and I think it'd be silly to try and keep him away from that (especially since J had to get one of the biggest tvs out there!).
I have no idea how much he weighs right now, but my guess is around 15lbs. For some reason he still fits in things that say they're for 11-14lbs. We JUST moved to size 2 diapers, and they feel like they're huge on him. He still fits in his 0-3mo clothes, though most of them fit JUST right, but he's been in them since shortly after he was born! He wears some 3-6mo clothes, but they all look super big on him! I think he's definitely gotten taller, though, so his weight is getting more distributed. (Thank goodness he still has his chunky cheeks, though!)
He is SUCH a good sleeper. Most nights I get 10-12 hours straight out of him! And when he does wake up, he just makes a bunch of cute noises :) I usually turn on my light, wait for his eyes to adjust, and smile at him, and I get the biggest smile ever back :) It's the best part of my morning! Then (if I don't have to start getting ready for work) after he's fed and changed, we just hang out in bed and he acts so silly; sticking out his tongue, smiling, and "coo-ing" at me. :) He's my favorite!! We have definitely been blessed, but that makes me nervous for baby #2! (not coming any time soon!)
His little personality is really starting to shine through, and I can tell he's recognizing John and me now! I HATE being away from him when I have to go to work, but I have to keep telling myself it's to provide for him, and I try to make the most of the time I DO get with him. I'm nervous he's going to start teething soon, because he has been drooling like it's his job lately. Not sure if I'm ready for that step! I'm excited about giving him solids soon, too, but going to try and hold off on that until he is 6 months old. We'll see what his pediatrician says next month. We definitely don't need any help sleeping! :)
Look how tall he is!


You can tell he is getting better at holding his head up!
learning his ABCs

my overly-excited sister and E this morning! he's wearing his "man" clothes!

LOVES blowing spit bubbles!

trying out his "EZ Diner" to sit at the table with us. big fail, he wasn't happy!

he scratched his eye and looks like he's been crying, but I LOVE this onesie!

Our Halloween outfit (spit-up included!)

gangsta baby :)







No comments:

Post a Comment