39 weeks today. Sigh. One more week until my due date, but I have a feeling Elijah's not coming out to meet us any time soon. I'm a big, whiny baby.
Had another normal doctor's appointment this week. Had to see the male doctor I saw in the beginning of my pregnancy (who I wasn't too keen on...), but he was nice. Wouldn't tell me anything, though, and sent me up to Labor & Delivery because I mentioned I wasn't feeling Elijah move that morning as much as I usually do. I was never worried about it, because we had just woken up and it usually takes him a little to get going. After being monitored for 20 minutes, and giving me a yummy popsicle, they let me go and said baby is perfect (which I knew all along...). It was weird being up in that area, but the nurses were SO nice, and now they have me in their system so when I DO finally go in to labor (you know, in like a month...) I won't have to answer many questions or worry about giving them any paperwork. Oh, and my feet started swelling last weekend. NOT A FAN. I prop them up when I'm sleeping and it goes down by morning, but even when they don't look swollen, the tops of them still hurt. While I am grateful that they didn't start swelling until this close to the end, I could have done without it all together. :(
How big is baby?: As big as a watermelon still!! Or around 20 inches and over 7 lbs.
Stretch marks?: Still ridiculous. I should win an award.
Maternity clothes?: Barely. Not much fits over this bellehhh still. But I have stopped caring as much.
Sleep: Sleep hasn't been too terrible this past week. J has to be up way early, so we're usually in bed early and it takes me a bit to fall asleep...but otherwise, sleep is okay.
Best moment this week: Hmmm...I've gotten to spend a fair amount of time with J this week. Which makes me happy. :) We went out to dinner Monday night, and I could barely eat anything and came home and passed out. Then we went out to dinner last night, and again, I barely ate anything and come home and was very sleepy...my stomach has no room anymore since this giant baby is taking up all the room in there!
Movement: Same as always. VERY active baby.
Food cravings: Hmmm Coldstone cupcakes have been good to me this week. :) I've been craving watermelon today, but not sure if that's good for my super-swelling feet...
Gender: Still my little man, as far as I know.
Labor Signs: Still just the contractions. The pain in my back sucks, but it's to be expected. I've been getting nauseous pretty often, which I've heard can be a labor sign, but alas, still pregnant.
Belly Button in or out?: I think it's popped as much as it ever will. When there aren't clothes covering it, you can see a little poking out.
What I miss: feeling normal.
What I am looking forward to: Our stroller is being delivered Monday!!!! AND J let me order this SUPER adorable hat for little man...can't WAIT to take pictures and blast them everywhere! And...baby. If he ever comes out...wah wah wahhhhh
me beautiful 39 week bellehhhh:
Coldstone cupcakes? Sounds awesome.
ReplyDeleteYou look beautiful, can't wait until Elijah is finally here!!