This week has been okay. These contractions are killing me, and every once in a while I'll get a pretty painful one, whether it's a pain in my stomach, or this new pain in my back that has just started creeping up. It's all for you, little man...
Had a check-up on Tuesday. Still boring and normal! Cervix is closed and high still. I start weekly appointments now, but my doctor was already all booked for next week so I have to see the male doctor that I saw in the beginning of my pregnancy and didn't care for. :-/ And J starts his "Academy" on Monday, so he won't be able to go to any more appointments with me. Sad face. Needless to say, I'm hoping my appointment will be another good, boring one, and I don't plan on getting "checked" because I want to get out of there as soon as possible. I can't believe the next time I have a scheduled appointment with MY doctor, I'll be 39 1/2 weeks pregnant!! This road has been long, but I still remember the morning I saw that word "pregnant" on my test. Crazy how so much has changed!! And it blows my mind how my body went from "tiny" (obviously I have NEVER been "tiny", but in comparison...), to the watermelon in my front I carry around daily now. God is one crafty Man!
J and I both have the day off today, and it was payday for both of us, so we get to run around town running errands and stocking up on everything we may need in the next month. This could be my last paycheck before baby! :) Poor guy worked until 6am, though, then came home, I made breakfast, and he had to go to the dentist for a deep cleaning. Then when he got home, he said he was gonna nap while I got ready for us to start our day, and he looked SO peaceful sleeping that I haven't woken him up yet (it's been a couple hours). It shouldn't take us that long to get everything done that we need to, and I want him to be rested. Luckily he has the rest of the weekend off, so he should be able to relax a lot this weekend! My job is still semi-kicking my butt, but I'm hanging in there! I won the "All-Star" award for June (a manager is nominated for their hard work/dedication to WOWing guests each summer month) and am super happy about that. :) Next week we have a Supervisor that's transferring from Baltimore starting, and my boss put him on just about every shift of mine, so it'll be nice to not have to do so much, and to make sure he gets trained in how to do things the Norfolk way. :)
Pic from this week:
J surprised me on Tuesday with a finished guest bathroom! It has needed to be painted, and has had paint cans/house stuff in the bathtub since we moved in at the end of April. Now it's a fun yellow color, and I could set up little man's bathtub in the big tub and hang a couple of his towels!! :) Now to just figure out what to put on the walls.....but that may wait.
How big is baby?: As big as a watermelon!! Or a leak. Whatever that is. Or around 19.75 inches and 6.8 lbs.
Stretch marks?: Still ridiculous. I should win an award.
Maternity clothes?: Barely. Not much fits over this bellehhh nowadays. I'm getting tired of wearing the same clothes over and over, but in the end I say to myself "Whatever. I'm pregnant. No one cares." I bought Crocs a month or so ago because my work shoes were hurting (not the clogs. eew.), and they only had these loafer-looking ones with a blue trim (I wanted some more like ballet flats). The blue doesn't match everything I wear, but again, I'm (verrry) pregnant. No one cares.
Sleep: Sleep still SUCKS. I have a hard time falling asleep, and have had to sleep on the couch a couple times in the last week. Not sure why I sleep better out there, but our chaise is uber comfortable! I'm on dinner shifts next week, so I'll at least get to sleep in a little more. :)
Best moment this week: Our carseat came in on Monday while I was at work!! As did the Rock-n-Play and Moby wrap. :) I was *so* excited to get home, and immediately started setting everything up. As soon as I got the carseat out of the box (okay, J took it out...it was too heavy for me!), J went and put on his shoes. I asked him why, and he said "Because I know what's coming next. We're going to have to go outside and install it right away..." Love that man :) So we got the infant seat installed in my car, and the convertible one in his car. We're ready!! :)
Movement: Still lots! It's not as frequent, or as fast, as they have been in the past. He's running out of room! But I get LOTS of feet in my ribs/hips. It's uncomfortable, but adorable and I love pushing it out of there and feeling the tiny foot. :) I can't wait to see what it looks/feels like in person!
Food cravings: Today? Coke. And that new fruit salad from Wendy's. And chocolate milkshakes. Always chocolate milkshakes.
Gender: Still my little man, as far as I know. I keep wondering what if he comes out with girl parts...that'd be so crazy and I'd feel bad for calling her/him the wrong name these past five months!
Labor Signs: Still just the contractions. The pain in my back sucks, but it's to be expected. I tried doing jumping jacks the other night, and stopped at 20 because I was laughing at myself.
Belly Button in or out?: Just starting to poke out a little! I don't think it'll ever get completely popped though.
What I miss: Not having these back pains. And being able to do things for myself. And not bumping in to EVERY.THING with my bellehh.
What I am looking forward to: BABY. Can I please meet you soon, little man? I'm ready to have 3 weeks off of work to play with him everyday (i.e. watch him sleep...haha). And I'm looking forward to J starting the Academy Monday! He's gonna have actual stuff to do at work, and will get to learn cool stuff like how to shoot, and they do role-plays and stuff! He was showing me pictures of past Academies online the other night; it looks so cool! I'm so excited for him. :) It's a 12-ish week thing, and after that he'll be certified and can carry his gun anywhere and will get a badge and a new uniform! MMMMM he's gonna be so sexy!! :P
No comments:
Post a Comment