Life has been SO busy! I am 36 weeks and 4 days today. Friday is 37 weeks, which means FULL TERM BABY!! And I'm officially 9 months pregnant. Only 24 days til my due date! I can't believe Elijah is almost on the outside...I still have my moments of freaking out, but I've been mostly calm and happy these last couple of days. We are MORE than ready for his arrival now, and every day I wake up wondering if this is going to be the day he decides to make his appearance. :) They say the pregnancy flies by...but mine feels like it's taking FOREVER. One of my servers told me the other day that they think I have the gestational period of an elephant (22 months). Guess that's what happens when you over-share with people. :P
Last Monday I started having contractions. I've been having them ever since, but there's no pattern to them. They're definitely worse than the Braxton Hicks ones I had earlier in the third trimester! At my doctor's appt last week, she checked me and said there is absolutely nothing going on "down there". Boooooo. I have another appointment next Tuesday, so hopefully there will be some progress! Next Tuesday's appt is the last one J will be able to go with me to. :( He starts his "Academy" on the 16th, which is a M-F commitment, from 5a-5p. If Elijah doesn't make his appearance before the 16th, I'm crossing my fingers that he comes on a weekend so J can actually be there!! He can't exactly leave the academy while it's going on, so if he comes on a week day, J won't be able to be there until after 5pm...all of these unknowns are stressful!!
Little man's room is all set up and waiting for him now :) We got this bedding set last week from a friend of J's family. :)
And we scored a ton of free stuff from another one of J's family friends! This is just some of it. :)
And we now have a convertible car seat for John's car, and my sister told me last night she's buying our infant car seat for my car. :) I also have a good friend who has an almost-8-week-old who just grew out of her newborn diapers, so she gave me all of the ones she had left! I have 3 big boxes of newborn diapers from my brother and his girlfriend, but if I can not open them and return them for size 1's, it'll help a ton! Little man isn't going to be tiny, either...so we shouldn't need many newborn anything. Haha :)
My wonderful coworkers threw me a surprise shower at work yesterday! I have no idea how I didn't catch on...but they're sneaky people!! We got a Diaper Genie, 25 outfits (I had to count..haha) mostly 0-3months, a safety kit, a monitor set, and a gift card that I used to buy a Moby wrap and Fisher Price Rock-n-Play! We have been SO blessed with everything that has been given to us. :)
Here's the SUPER yummy, and adorable, cake! :)
And some of the items. The socks you can see are Converse ones!! And the "It's a Boy!" sign we can put in our yard after he gets here. :)
While I am well aware that baby will get here when he's ready, and that I need to be patient (a skill I have NEVER had...), I am SO ready to meet Elijah!! So many moms on my "July Mom's Board" have had their babies already, and they just make me want mine even more! I'm ready to be a mom. I'm ready for this new adventure. I'm READY to kiss those cheeks!!!!
Please keep the opinions to yourself.


I cried. I am so excited for you and J and Baby Eagle!!!! Motherhood is the best thing EVER! Enjoy every moment you can with him, it flies, just ask me and your MIL... Love you and relax, the baby will be here before you know it!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Steph...Motherhood is the best thing EVER!!! Time flies, take lots of pictures and remember that there are people around you with lots of knowledge so don't be afraid to ask anyone anything.
ReplyDeleteAwww I'm so excited for you! I love reading your blogs! I've been such a slacker since Corbin was born. I just rather snuggle with him than blog though! lol I never have any free time to just sit and write like I want to.
ReplyDeleteCorbin was born at 37 weeks and 2 days.
Your time is getting so close! I felt the same way on my May mommy group. Everyone was having their babies in April and early May and I wanted Corbin to be here too!
He's 7 weeks old today so when he does get here, cherish every moment because it FLIES by!!! It seems like he was just born!
Corbin was small so he's still in newborn diapers and newborn clothes, but he's definitely growing! We've gone through 5 bags of preemie diapers, and about 15 bags of newborn diapers! lol He LOVES to poop in a fresh diaper.
It looks like you are all set for his arrival :)
Good Luck at your next appointment!
And let me know if you figure out how to use the Moby! I'm still trying to figure it out! lol
I love seeing all this baby stuff! I bet you must feel on that July board like I did on the September Brides board; the excitement from everyone else's wedding about killed me waiting for the 24th to roll around. Hard to believe that was less than a year ago.
ReplyDeleteI think it's so fun that you and I may get our Elijahs at about the same time. <3